What is the simulator under "Manage your device?"

This has probably been discussed before, but I can't seem to find any posts on it. If you goto the site to view the status of your device, I noticed that it now says "Want to use a simulator? Register one!." Whether I have one enabled or not, I can still use the simulator with Nova.

If I register one, this page comes up (the serial number and access token have been redacted):

I must be missing something. In the "Inside Playdate" HTML document, I don't see any mention of having to link one. What SDK doc is it talking about? When I click "Connect to your simulator," it opens up a new tab, but nothing is redirected. I do see a special URL, but it doesn't do anything.

I have looked in the settings of Nova and the simulator and I don't see any specific setting for this. Does anyone know what this is? Am I missing something?

1 Like

This is something you don't need to worry about just yet. In future SDK updates you'll need to link your device or simulator in order to call our sever functions or update your device's firmware. (we'll make sure it actually is explained somewhere when the time comes! sorry for the confusion!)