Can't sideload my game

Im using Ubuntu, I'm developing a nice little claw game, and can't for the life of me figure out how to sideload the thing onto my playdate. I made a few games before, but it was a while ago and must be making a very silly mistake somewhere, but can't get it to sideload.

Wanted to test this (very early stages of development) game on my device, but can't load it :frowning: it's driving me crazy, please someone help me to figure out what the mistake I've made is. Thought it was the 'pdxinfo' that was wrong but I've checked a few times.

I've included below the source, and the compiled zipped version that won't sideload, hopefully we can get this fixed!

Thank you for your help and for your time, hope I can get over this hurdle and finish making this nice little game for playdate :slight_smile:

TheClaw.zip (655.9 KB)
theclaw.pdx.zip (63.4 KB)

How are you trying to side load it? Via the website or directly from the Simulator? What's the error you are seeing?

Hi willco :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response, I didn't know you could sideload from the simulator, I did it by the website directly :slight_smile:

No error that I know of, just the game doesn't appear in the list of games so I can't install it :frowning:

I'm still developing it in my free time, until completion, hope we can fix this so I can add to itch and let others have a go at it! :slight_smile:

If you could DM me your account email I can look into it further. In the mean time, you can upload your game to the device by selecting the Device -> Upload Game to Device menu item in the Simulator.

1 Like

I've resolved the issue :slight_smile: !

It turns out my playdate just needed updating first for some reason. The playdate has been updated and loads the game just fine now :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time, and I'll launch the game on itch in a little while! :slight_smile:

1 Like