The Playdate Game Pitch Form is ready!

:playdate_new_important: Update: We have a new Catalog Submission Form that you can learn more about here.

21 Likes

Hey! I have a game launched already (Life’s Too Short: Life’s Too Short (Playdate) by Pixel Ghost), could this be considered for anything? (Catalog?) or am I better off pitching the next project? Or both?!

5 Likes

Yes, same with me and Ribbit Rabbit! I'd love to have it included on Catalog, do I need to put a pitch in for that?

As well as Ribbit Rabbit I have two other games I want to pitch. Should these be pitched as two separate forms or one form with info about both?

1 Like

According to the form, if your game is done already you could select "No" on funding request; either way though, I think it will need to be pitched to be considered formally for Catalog/Season/etc ?

The second half of the form asks some pretty specific questions about your game that make it pretty clear that it's one game per pitch. :+1:t5:

1 Like

Good questions!

Yup, feel free to pitch anything if you want to have your game in a future Season or the Catalog, even games that are already released and you don't need funding!

And yes, one game per submission :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I see that in the PDF version of the form, there is no question for sending a .pdx file.

Will Panic come to my house?! Ahhh! I'm scared!

Don't know what to do - Peter L.

The PDF is for reference only, the form needs to be filled in on the type form where there is a place to paste a link to your pdx, etc.

Oh! Thank you very much for helping me!

Hey @arisa , thanks for sharing!

I am wrapping up my pitch for Gravity Express. Let's say one wants to be considered for Season 2 or a Catalog launch title, would there be any sort of deadline for that? :playdate:

Hi Nino!

Our dates aren't set in stone right now, but I can share a little bit about what we're thinking for timing. Season 2 will likely not be until next year. If you're wanting to have your game as part of the Catalog launch, we're hoping to release Catalog in the next couple of months. Hopefully this helps!

9 Likes

If a game has already been released on Itch, and it later comes out on Catalog, will there be a way to give everyone who has purchased the game on Itch a download key for the Catalog release? We are planning to open pre-orders for Sparrow Solitaire soon on Itch and I would hate if people needed to buy the game twice.

1 Like

Hey there!

We'll be allowing people to sell their game on Catalog and on other stores like itch if they want to. So, people who bought the game in itch won't need to repurchase it on Catalog! To answer your question, we won't have any sort of feature relating to promo codes or keys when Catalog launches.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming we can sell in both places! My thought was that maybe people would prefer to own their games via Catalog especially if it supports automatic over-the-air updates. But they could already be waiting to purchase on Catalog anyway.

tl;dr;
Do you want to keep entries under wraps, or can I share it on my devlog?

I submitted my pitch last weekend, would be happy to share the pitch deck publicly for inspiration if that's allowed. (it doesn't mention suggested pricing, just a sales pitch for the game and a projected finish date). You could review the typeform submission if you want, @arisa . Confirmation from a human that everything has been received in order is appreciated in any case :sweat_smile: .

Hey Nino!

Feel free to share your devlogs to the public! We're not asking for secrecy as we understand how big of an ask that is, especially when you don't know if the game is something we'll be releasing.

And I just checked and looks like we got your pitch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would it hurt to pitch a few ideas or would you rather we focus on one? I summited tapeworm for catalogue consideration and kite fishing for birds for funding but definitely have a bunch more ideas id like to explore.

@wallmasterr I asked about this and there is no limit.

So... I pitched 5 ideas. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

nice, il get building more decks then :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, what Matt said! Feel free to send in another pitch

1 Like