We are excited to release the public beta for Pulp and see what you make with it. The Playdate Developer Forum is where you can ask questions and get to know other community members using Pulp!
This Pulp category is the only publicly available category in the Dev Forum. Any Playdate SDK-related topics will eventually be open to everyone whenever we release the SDK publicly.
Pulp is an easy-to-use, friendly, browser-based dev tool, that allows people to make games with low or no code, enabling anyone to tell their story in a Playdate game. Our goal with Pulp is to have a tool that is welcoming and a comfortable introduction to game-making for all ages.
For those that are interested in a full, proper, code-level software development kit for Playdate, we will have the Playdate SDK available sometime in February 2022. The Playdate SDK supports both Lua and C languages with a suite of tools such as a simulator, proper debugging, etc.
As a new user, you’ll have some limitations on what you can do on the forum. After enough browsing and reading other posts, your account will automatically level up to where you can create your own threads. Learn more here.
Read the Community Guidelines to learn more about Playdate Dev Forum’s basic rules.
- Head to Pulp to start creating and peruse the Pulp Documentation at your leisure for some helpful tips!
- Have questions? First, check if someone has already posted about your question by using the search at the top-right. If you still have a question, create a thread in this Pulp category, and someone in the community or Panic might be able to help.
- Report a bug? Use this form to report any bugs in Pulp, and one of us at Panic will take a look at it.
- Have a suggestion? Create a new thread in Pulp’s Feature Request subcategory.
- Pulp Game Jam dev log: Neven & Dave's game
- Pulp Game Jam dev log: Scaredy Heart
- Drew's Pulp Game (Jam) mini dev log
- Pulp Game Jam Entry: Sprout
- Pulp Game Jam 2021: Hotel Heartbreak
- Pulp Pong - Dev Tutorial - #7 by Drew-Lo
We hope you like it, and we can’t wait to see your Pulp games!